Jeffrey L. Gingold
GINGOLD LAW FIRM, PLLC
400 Harborview Drive SE
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110-2467
(206) 618-2200 (c)
Jeff Gingold is a business and regulatory attorney with extensive insurance industry experience. His practice focus is in health care and insurance regulation. Clients represented span a broad spectrum of international, national, regional and local healthcare and insurance industry organizations in all insured and self-funded lines, including carriers, producers, administrators, business organizations, associations and member-governed groups.
First licensed to practice law in 1976, Jeff Gingold has had an insurance and healthcare industry focus since 1981, with specific, continuous emphasis on Washington state insurance regulation since 1987.
- Gingold Law Firm, PLLC, (2012- Present)
- Managing Attorney.
- Lane Powell PC, Partner/Shareholder (1994-2012)
- Chair, Healthcare Practice Group.
- Blue Cross of Washington and Alaska (now Premera BlueCross)
- Senior-Vice President (1992-1994)
- General Counsel (1987-1994)
- Corporate Secretary (1987-1994).
- The Great-West Life Assurance Company, US Headquarters (1983-1987)
- Assistant Vice President and Counsel.
- National Farmers Union Insurance Companies (1981-1983)
- Staff Attorney.
- State of New Jersey Office of Public Defender, Essex Trial Region (1977-1981)
- Senior Trial Attorney.
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Honorable Julius A. Feinberg, (1976-1977)
- Judicial Law Clerk.
Licenses to Practice Law
- US Supreme Court
- State of Washington
- State of Colorado (Inactive).
- State of New Jersey
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- The Association of Life Insurance Counsel
- National Health Lawyers Association
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. in International Law, 1979)
- The John Marshall Law School (J.D., 1976)
- Washington and Lee University (B.A., 1971)
Board of Directors Service
- Foundation for Health Care Quality, Seattle, WA
- Former Chair, Board Member.
- Association of Washington Business, Olympia, WA
- Former Board and Executive Committee Member.
- Washington State Health Insurance Partnership
- Former Board Member (2007 – 2010).
Awards and Honors
- S. Fred Bruhn Award, Association of Washington Business (2010).
- Heavy Lifter Award, Association of Washington Business (2004, 1999).
- Totem Award, Puget Sound Chapter of Public Relations Society of America (1996).
Other Community Activities
- Washington Health Services Commission “Stakeholders’ Advisory Committee” (1994).
- Governor’s Transitional Task Force for Health Care Reform (1992-93).
- Northwest Danish Foundation (former board member).
- Danish Club (former board member).
- Alliance for Health Care Reform (1992-93).
- University of Denver Law School Corporate Counsel Internship Program, Instructor (1983-1987).